Today was the 36 week dr visit. I was excited to go today. I have been having LOTS of hard contractions. I have resisted going to the hospital even though I have had multiple episodes of 3 hr contractions every 5-7 min apart. I have been able to breath through them and rock back and forth to ease the back pain. I don't understand why I am having them this hard so early. The dr said some woman just have them earlier than others. She checked me and I had thinned a little more and was dilated to a one. The baby has dropped and she was able to feel her head when she pushed on my cervix. I was glad there was a little progression and I wasn't suffering through the contractions only to gain nothing.
Funny story...(only for those who have had an embarrassing "I am prego and my body is falling apart moment") On Thursday I was driving home from a work training and felt a warm wet sensation as I was driving. I thought, "wow am I peeing my pants?" I tried to tighten the muscles and it did not stop. I reached down to investigate and realized my pants were wet. I immediately tried to decide if my water broke or did I wet my pants. I contemplated what I should do or who I should call and share this info with. I decided to continue driving home to investigate things more thoroughly in the privacy of my house. I got home expecting that if it was my water breaking I would get out of the car and it would continue to gush down my legs. ( I have heard so many prego woman's water breaking stories similar to this) I get home and hop out of the car and nothing happens. Now I am getting embarrassed and decide I must have wet my pants! Awesome. So I go into the house and take my pants off. In my quick thinking I remember the birthing class they said you should smell it. Seems gross but I go ahead and start smelling. Hmm well doesn't smell like urine but really has no smell. Now I am miffed. I don't want to share this news with anyone but I know it is possible to leak amniotic fluid. I decide the best thing is to call the Hospital Birthing Center and talk to them about it. They recommend coming in and they can test the fluid. They assure me its no big deal even if I wet my pants many woman do and don't know it. BJ isnt home from work so I call his cell phone and get no answer. I decide to call the dispatcher and ask her to page him. As soon as I call she asks if I am in labor (apparently they are all aware of my current state). I inform her I don't think so but I talked to the hospital and they want me to come in. She starts playing 20 questions and asking why. I decide to tell her my story, of course, this is normal to share personal info with the dispatcher woman you don't know. She is very excited for me and says she will page him immediately to call me. I hang up and wait for him to call. Ten minutes go by and no phone call. I finally decide I should just go on my own. I start to gather my purse and hear commotion at the back door. BJ comes racing in throwing his stuff down and running around in circles and rambling. I keep trying to tell him to slow down but he is flustered. Finally I get through that he needs to calm down I am not in labor. He says, "but the dispatcher came on the radio and said to get home ASAP that your water broke!!" I inform him of the real situation and we start to laugh. He said she came on the radio and they couldn't hear very good but they heard "Her water broke!" So the guys hopped in the trucks and drove as fast as they could back to the warehouse. I can just see the line of big power trucks with their emergency lights flashing going 100 mph to get him back. We end up going in and they did three different tests. They concluded it wasn't urine but the ph level was between amniotic fluid and normal vaginal fluid. They monitored the baby and concluded since I wasn't having contractions it most likely wasn't amniotic fluid. So I guess I am happy it most likely wasn't amniotic fluid but a little confused why your body goes to crap and you start having weirdo vaginal fluid.....The pleasures of pregnancy I guess??? I guess the best outcome is the realization that BJ will not be calm and composed when the time comes! lol
1 comment:
Hang in there, little Olivia will be here before you know it. You are in the safe zone now. Make sure you pack your bag and leave it in the car, just in case. LOL
Mary
Post a Comment