Friday, March 20, 2009

38 1/2 weeks..GET HER OUT!!!!!!

I officially want this baby OUT!!! I have reached my limit and selfishly it is time to NOT be prego anymore. Each day seems to magnify this feeling. I am miserable at night trying to sleep. I guess this is good preparation for being a mom but seriously I will be more than exhausted when she gets here. On Monday I noticed my feet hurt and I took my shoes off to find I had very large poofy feet and ankles. I thought it was because I had been on my feet most of the day. By Tuesday I had developed larger feet that don't fit into normal shoes and CANKLES!! Awesome. The swelling gradualing continued up my calves to my no-knee cap visible knees. My face and hands are swollen too. I was all too disturbed by this. On top of it my heart has really stepped up it's rate to add to the yucky tired feeling. Tuesday night I went to be thinking, How much worse is this going to get? Then SURPRISE Wednesday morning I woke up to find my stomach covered in red stretch marks. Up to this point ZERO stretch marks. Overnight LOTS. (I can't count them because I can only see half of them) That spurred an entire day of depression. I cried most of the day. Then I came to a new realization, I must take matters into my own hands. I started researching all the old wives recommendations. I have received plenty of advice that has proven useless. Sex=no contractions and very uncomfortable, Nipple Stimulation= no contractions and some really sore nipples, Walking=contractions and cankles, Cleaning=some contractions but a clean house, Squatting=some contractions but I often fear I might not be able to get up, Bumpy ride in the truck=fun but it mainly felt like a needed to poo real bad and no contractions..... This is where I decided to step up the process!

After some research and first hand advice I have choosen Primrose Oil and Blue Cohosh. Primrose oil was adviced from a group of religious woman I work with that are pros at birthing lots of babies. After researching it online it says it is supposed to stimulate contractions and thin the cervix. It does require you to put the capsules inside your vagina against your cervix. A little odd but REALLY? at this point I would do whatever. The Blue Cohosh is from a plant that comes in a pill. My sister took this with my niece who proved to be a 1 hr delivery. I found some at a health food store and the woman read to me what it was to be used for. It stated that once in labor if taken it would drastically speed up the process. It would not trigger labor. It is used in many 3rd world countries and indian tribes where Pitocin is not available. I purchased some of this too.

My experiment began on Wednesday with Primrose Oil. I put the capsules inside. I have no idea if it is thinning my cervix or not but it does give contractions so I figure it is a step in the right direction.

Yesterday was the 38 week Dr visit appointment so I decided I should discontinue the Primrose Oil and try Blue Cohosh. I had some contractions but I don't think it was the Blue Cohosh so I have decided to save those until I think I am actually in labor. At my dr appt I did not share my new found Herbal Lifestyle. I know how much the dr's dislike herbs.

The dr didn't end up checking me which was a recommendation from BJ that it could bring back the depression if I hadn't progressed. As much as I don't want to admit if she didn't have good news I think I would have burst into tears. So we ended up discussing the delivery process. She agreed to induce on my due date, April 1st and possibly next week. Baby Olivia is measuring over 39 weeks. On Monday we did an ultrasound and she measured 6lbs 8 oz at a min and up to 7lbs 8 oz max. She is in the correct position and no cord wrapped around her neck. All good news only increasing my desire for her to come SOON.

Today I have gone back to Primrose Oil. I used some at 7am and had contractions regularly every 8-10 min. I am learning you must lay down with it because it is oil and gravity takes control. So I am going to use more and lay down and read a book for a couple hours. Then it is off for a walk and back home to elevate the cankles and more Primrose Oil. PROACTIVE is my new motto!

All of this is silly to most people even though I know how many woman have drank Castro Oil only to poop their brains out. These options seem much better!!

Anyone else have some labor inducing advice?????????????

4 comments:

Lindsey Lou said...

I'm sorry you are miserable! The only advice I have is to let her bake as long as she needs. Even though you are miserable, it's better she comes when she is ready rather than having to spend time in the NICU. HANG IN THERE

Cody and Gina said...

((((HUGS)))))
You are almost done!!! You need to go and get a prenatal massage and have them focus on your legs and feet...just an idea. I know when I was overdue with Carson I had one and it was wonderful! Also, the massage therapist told me that normally they don't massage legs/feet on pg women because it can (sometimes) cause contractions. If it works great! If not then you got a wonderful massage!!!

Carly said...

Travis says steak sauce and macaroni and cheese mixed together. Very disgusting but he heard this while he lived in Florida from a buddy who says his wife did it and in 24hrs they had a baby. Sounds very odd but thought I would share. I hope she comes out soon so we can meet her!

Kestlers said...

Sorry no advise here, other than hang in there and it will be well worth the wait. :)