I am officially 28 weeks today. I have the newest belly pics. Not too much to report. I have had some strong contractions in the last couple days. I spoke to the nurse today and she doesn't think they are concerning yet. I have an appt next Tuesday so as long as I don't start having more than I am going to wait until my appt. She has also assured me that I will notice other changes of preterm labor (nausea, vomiting, discharge). For all you mothers out there....Will I recognize these signs of labor?????
OREO Cookie Balls Christmas Tree
6 years ago
4 comments:
If you get more than six in an hour, go get checked. When I was pregnant with my twins, I went in several times just because of the six-contraction rule (I felt otherwise fine most of the time) and each time the monitors recorded several more contractions that I hadn't felt or counted, so I got a drug (terbutaline) to stop pre-term labor. If you're worried, go get checked. That's why you pay your insurance bill every month. It's better to be checked and sent home than to forever think, "Would we have been able to stop labor if I'd gone in sooner???"
Nycci, you look great! Not at all moo cow-ish! Everyone's different, but I had Braxton-Hicks contractions from about 20 weeks on. But when the actual pre-labor contractions started (on my due date), I could definitely tell a difference. I would feel kind of a menstrual cramp right before the contraction started, and then would feel the contraction more in my pelvis and hips rather than just the tightening of the belly, like before. Hope this is helpful! Good Luck!
I know I'm no help at all because I never experienced labor at all, but I agree with Katie, if you're at all worried, get checked, especially with your family history. I had contractions, but just Braxton-Hicks and they were never painful or worrysome.
And you look totally great, not like a cow! I love pregnant bellies!
I got braxton hicks that were frequent and wouldn't stop. I didn't feel sick and they weren't painful like when I actually went into labor, but they were not going away. After a day and a night, I decided to go in (with my Mom's coaxing). They put me on a monitor and decided the contractions were too strong and too frequent. I was 33 weeks. They gave me terbutaline, but that didn't stop them. I got two shots in my arms, but the contractions kept persisting. They kept me overnight and did some test down below for something that is present during labor. I tested positive so they then gave me two hormone shots in my thighs (one at night, one in morning) for the baby's lungs in case I gave birth. They then gave me an oral medicine that relaxed my muscles or something. I think it's for hear patients. After that started to help, they decided I could go home on strict bed rest. But they almost decided to keep me and give me some really horrible medicine that made people sick. Luckily the doctor was satisfied enough with the medicine and bed rest.
All that with no symptoms other than persistent and consistent braxton hicks. My advice: go in if you're concerned. (Wow that was wordy.)
Post a Comment