Wednesday, December 31, 2008

Moo Cow...or you can call me Nycci...SAME THING

GRRR...I know that I have no one to blame but myself but seriously the weight gain is ridiculous. I tried to be more careful this month. I weighed myself on Christmas Eve and had put 1 lb on in the three weeks before my dr appt. Yesterday I had a dr appt and had put on 6 lbs!!!!! What the hell!!!! I realize it was Christmas but 1 lb a day??? I hit the big 20lb marker. The dr encouraged more exercise. Hmm that should be feasible given we have 2 1/2 feet of snow, no gym in Colfax, no mall within 40 min. It's crap! I left the dr appt and cried most of the drive home. The only good news in the appt was my glucose tolerance test, I passed. I did not think I passed it because I had a raging headache and I thought I was going to throw up after I ate the jelly beans.

I realize I should not be focused on the weight gain but instead a healthy baby. She is still VERY active and growing rapidly. She measured 1 1/2 weeks bigger than my dates but the dr wasn't concerned unless I failed the glucose test. I am glad that she is measuring bigger at least it matches my large belly!

This month I am going to really try to keep it under control...anyone have any advice????

2 comments:

Lindsey, Chas, Maylee And Violet said...

Keep your head up, Nycci! It will all be worth it! You're more than half-way through your pregnancy and you've just now hit the 20 lb point - you're doing great! I gained 40 lbs with Maylee. There were a couple appts where I'd gained 10+ each month. It gets scary, I know. But in a matter of months you'll have a beautiful little baby!!!

Anonymous said...

She told you to exercise?! As I recall, isn't 20 pounds in the perfectly healthy range? Yeah, I think it's even on the lower side. You're doing swell!

Paige