Thursday, April 3, 2008

Our baby making challenges!

I have decided to join the blogging crowd. It seems so difficult to keep up with everyone. After reading everyone else's blog and what is going on in their life, I decided this might be an easy way for me to post my life's updates. I also thought this would be a great outlet for dealing with our "baby makin'" challenges. It has been seven months of unsuccessful pregnancy. Two weeks ago we saw the doctor and blood work showed I have a mild case of Polycystic Ovarian Disease. Lab work showed I am not producing enough Follicle Stimulating Hormone to release an egg. The current research is showing it is related genetically to diabetes. Although I am not diabetic they have started me on Glucophage (a common medication for diabetes). Medically speaking they don't know why it works but it has an 80% chance of pregnancy within a year of starting to take it. For now I am taking it and trying to live with the continual headache and nausea. BJ and I are crossing our fingers it works! I would like the nausea to be pregnancy related soon..... For now we will work hard to have lots of Baby Makin' Good Times!!!!

1 comment:

Lindsey Lou said...

Hey! I am so excited you got a blog. I am reading so keep posting. My blog is lindseylouandtonytoo.
I hope things are getting better.