Tuesday, March 9, 2010

Disappointment and Challenges

After many months of debate we decided to contact a realtor to sell the house. The realtor presented all the comps for the area and possible listing prices for us. After seeing the numbers it is such a disappointment. Our house is small (1100 sq ft). I realize other people have houses of similar size and are fine with the sq footage. An 1100 sq ft house built in 1890 is not as efficient at using the space appropriately. We are very much busting out of this house. I have no idea how to utilize the space better. So back to the realtor...best case scenario with a full price offer we will walk away with $1000. That won't exist if the seller asks for closing costs. With the talk of the "making" of a new baby it makes me nervous to think how we will fit another baby into this house. I guess that is a reality of the economy and the times ahead but what a DISAPPOINTMENT.

Miss Olivia is growing like crazy. She is super busy exploring the house and getting into everything I have told her NO. She responds as most sweet mannered girl would...she growls. Sometimes it is accompanied by a shrill scream. For the most part we are working on baby boundaries! lol I would be happy for discipline ideas for an 11 month old. Suggestions?

I am also calling out for help...what do I feed this kid? I have restricted her bottles to a morning bottle, small afternoon bottle, and a bedtime bottle. When it comes time for meals she seems hungry but shuns most foods. Good foods (she will eat): yogart, crackers, oranges, pears, peaches, noodles with butter, oatmeal, and sweet potatoes. Bad foods (spits at me): Green beans, carrots, kidney beans, potatoes, mac and cheese, bread, cheese, and meat. I don't know if I need to make the foods different. She will NOT let me feed her most foods. Yogart is about it. She was a great eater of baby foods. LOVED her vegetables. Now nothing. PLEASE send any suggestions!!!!!

2 comments:

Lindsey Lou said...

Sorry about your house. I understand about the 1100 sq. feet, but our house is more modern so we do have a little better use of the space probably.
As far as Olivia's behavior goes telling Sawyer what I want him to do instead of what he isn't suppose to do is what school taught me.("Pet the dog softly," instead of "Don't pull his hair.")It works when I use it. I distract him alot too.
Food, hmm I'm stumped there too. He eats what he wants and sometimes he surprises me. I think as long as we keep trying, they are growing, and not crying non-stop it will end up ok. Good luck.

Kari said...

I'm sorry about your house. Believe me, I know the marked is not great right now. I hope it all works out for you guys!

Jayci is a picky eater too. She is 2 and eats mostly the same things you mentioned that Olivia likes. I think you just have to keep trying and not worry about it. I'm sure I should be trying harder to get Jayci to eat more vegetables, but I think she'll be fine and eat eventually if I keep offering.