She is HERE!!!! Born April 3, 2009 at 7:23a.m. 7 lbs 5 oz
BJ, my mom, and I went to the hospital Thursday night at 5pm to start the induction process. After receiving the Cytotec to help start the dilation process, I started having cramping and contractions. All of which were productive! By midnight things started going down hill, the contractions were lasting a couple minutes with 30 sec breaks in between. I was starting to lose it! BJ did a great job as a coach keeping me calm and my mom was comforting. It's amazing how you never get too old to need your mom when you don't feel good! I was only at a 3 so they gave me an IV injection of pain meds. It helped and I was able to rest for about 45 min. But when those min were over the pain was unbearable and I started to get nauseated. The contractions were coming every 20 sec and lasting for 2 min. I was suddenly dilated to a 5 and I got my epidural! This was the best thing EVER!!!! I have no idea why you wouldn't get one of those. At 4am my water broke and it was green. She had pooped. Unfortunately the contractions kept getting worse and she wasnt tolerating it. Her heart rate kept dropping. It became scary. The nurses were racing around rolling me in the bed and pumping fluids. Within 15 min we were in surgery for a C sect. The drs had her out in another 10 min and she was screaming. Her vitals were good. They never determined what caused her to be distressed. She was born at 7:23 am 7lbs 5 oz 19.6 inches.
We are still in the hospital we thought we would leave today but I am not ready. I am incredibly sore! Not loving the recovery process. I can do so little and she is demanding. Breast feeding is a much bigger challenge then I thought it would be. Her weight has dropped which is frustrasting. She is down to 6lbs 9 oz., she has lost 10 % of her birth weight. We started giving her a bottle until my milk comes in.
Need some sleep but I will post more when I can.
OREO Cookie Balls Christmas Tree
6 years ago
5 comments:
Yay! Congratulations, I'm so excited for you guys!
I'm sorry you had to have a C-section PLUS real labor. That's no fun. But I'm glad everything went well and that she's finally here. Hopefully your milk will come in soon and she'll be able to eat and gain weight.
Things will be so crazy at first, but you will love being a mommy. You'll be great at it too! Just take it easy these first couple weeks, that incision will kick your butt if you don't. ;)
Post some pics when you can!
Stay positive and things will progress. We had to supplement Landon for awhile until my milk really came in and he was stubborn to try to nurse. You'll do great and nursing is such a good diet.
Enjoy your time off with her, can't wait to see some pics of the whole fam.
Hooray for healthy babies! Take your time with your recovery. I hope you're feeling better soon, and I can't wait to see pictures!
Congratulations!!! All the waiting and hard work paid off, right?:) I saw her pictures, she's a cutie.
Sorry i really can't give any advise about the breast feeding, but can tell you EASY movement is th best cure for the sorness from the c-section.
I am so happy for you guys. She is seriously a very beautiful kid. I would tell you if she looked like normal alien new born but she is gorgeous! Can't wait to meet her and see you guys!
Post a Comment