Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Lots of new updates

Things seem to be busy busy! On Sunday my friends Lynley and Josie hosted a baby shower for me. We had a great turnout of about 30 people. It was cozy! We had it at my house which was a lot of work to get ready for but no transporting presents and we had everything we needed handy. Olivia received an amazing amount of presents. I haven't had a chance to really look at everything and take inventory of what we got and still need but there shouldn't be much. I will have to post some pics in the next couple days.

I saw my dr for my follow up heart issues. The cardiologist had called and consulted with her. My monitor showed: "Heart monitored for 24 hrs of those hours: rates above 130 were noted for 6 hrs 44 min, rates from 100-130 were noted for 7hrs 12 min, 60-100 for 9 hrs ?, and below 60 for 1 hr 20 min. No abnormal rhythms were noted. The episodes of tachycardia (rapid heart rate) are an abnormal amount and patient should be tested for hypothyroidism." The dr had already tested my thyroid and it was normal. So after she consulted they agreed that although there was an abnormal amount of time my heart was fast it was still regulating and slowing on its own. The medication would slow my heart rate down but I would need to be monitoring the baby's activities frequently to make sure she wasn't showing stress. NOPE I would be a disaster if I had to do this. I would end up sitting in the parking lot of the hospital for hours "just in case". My blood pressure at the drs office was only 98/53 which was also another reason I will not be taking the medicine, it would lower it more. So after a long chat with the dr we agreed I would continue to lay on my left side and drink a glass of water everytime this happens and suffer through the next 8 weeks. I am content with that decision. I feel like it is the safer option. I will be 33 weeks on Wednesday.

I am getting so excited for her arrival. That's about it for now!

No comments: