Thursday, June 5, 2008

I am falling apart...

So as if the stress of the baby making process and meds isn't enough...Oh yes now it is Iritis (infammation of the iris of the eye). I am on my 4th reoccurence of it. The first three times I wasn't clearly diagnosed by an eye specialist but last week I was seen and YES it is Iritis. How freaking cheery!!??? For those of you that don't know about this it involves redness of the white part of your eye, the eyeball feels hard, pressure behind the eye, blurred vision, and a stabbing pain when any light hits your eye. They treat it with steriod drops in your eye. 50% of the time it is a random inflammation and the other 50% means you have an underlying AutoImmune Disease. The most common are Rheumatoid Arthritis and Lupus. AWESOME. Can't lie this does not come at a time when I want to hear that kind of news.

I have an appointment with my physician in two weeks in which I will have more lab work done to see if I show any of the autoimmune diseases. Can't wait for that appointment!

If my lack of optimism shows in this blog, I am sorry. I am really tired of bad news.

2 comments:

Katie said...

Nycci, this is Katie, Kari's sister. I saw your link on her sidebar and thought I'd see what you were up to. I'm sorry you're dealing with PCOS. I experienced secondary infertility (anovulation), ended up on clomid, and got my twin boys out of the deal. If you need anything, you can get my email from Kari and I'm happy to talk with you about my experience. I hope you're successful soon!

Lindsey Lou said...

Hey there! It is funny (funny wierd, not funny ha ha) how we all have our trials and struggles and when you look into someone else's challenges, your own daily struggles seem small. I am sorry you are having to live at the doctor's office for all of this junk, but I am sure finding out all this medical information is going to be beneficial in the end. On a happier note- I posted belly pics. Love, Lindsey