This has been one long week! A little catch up news. Since I had Olivia I have been having dizzy spells, nausea/vomiting, and falling over. It has been scary and annoying. I have seen five different doctors trying to figure out what is going on. On Tuesday I saw an Ear, Nose and Throat doctor who informed me matter of fact that, "It is most likely a brain aneurysm from throwing a blood clot during child birth". Those are words I did not want to hear. I immediately panicked and cried. On thursday I had a MRI on my brain to see if there was one. The MRI showed everything normal except a sinus polyp (creates sinus pressure but not a problem). I also had an ultrasound of my neck because the dr could hear a carotid bruit (regurgitation of the blood). That test also came back clean. I am very thankful that those tests were negative!!! Still dont really know what the problem is. If I turn my head to fast or bend over I immediately get nausead and throw up. The dr prescribed a motion sickness patch on Saturday. It is helping some. I still feel dizzy but the nausea has calmed down. there has been discussion that it is my birth control that is causing it. I was put on a pill that has 3x the hormone levels of a low dose bc. I would love to find out it is the culprit of this so I could be done with dr appt. I will be going back to the dr this next week and hopefully they will have a Plan B that doesn't involve scaring the crap out of me.
On a better note!....Olivia is getting so big. It is so fun to watch her grow and learn things. She has such a silly personality. She is 8 months now but no crawling for the child. We have bribed with candy, pop, toys trying to get her to and she screams. We have giving up and started practicing walking which she really loves. She has been mesmorized by the Christmas tree and shiney presents. I took her pic which she played with the presents. Her main joy was to rip the bows off each present.
3 comments:
I'm glad those tests came back negative! Hoepfully you can find the real problem and get something to help resolve it for good.
Olivia is stinkin' adorable. I wouldn't push the crawling or walking, it's much easier when you put them down and know they'll be in the same area if you turn your head.
Hopefully you'll get some real answers soon and can get back to normal.
Have a wonderful Christmas with your family.
I agree with everything Kari said, especially the not pushing the mobility of your child :) She is so cute and I hope it is your birth control making you feel yucky. Thanks for the update.
Post a Comment