Since my last post I am pleased to report improvement. I would like to thank all the moms that commented. I was BEYOND frustrated. I started to use the carrier when Olivia won't settle down on her own. She is starting to get a schedule which has also improved our daily routine. I know when she will (most likely) nap so I plan my work then and when she is awake we have time to play together. She is starting to want to play. Before, the second her eyes came open she fussed. It was like she didn't know what to do when she was awake. Now she will wake up and smile and coo. It is adorable! As you talk to her she smiles and reacts with funny animated faces. I started putting her in the Bumbo which is great. She can sit up in it even though she can't hold her head up completely. I can put her on the counter and get dinner ready. She also decided she doesn't hate the swing anymore. I do think she had memory of the "breaking process". If I even turned the knob on the swing she woke up and started to cry. Finally a HAPPY BABY.
I went for my six week check up. It was annoying. I talked to her about my weight and she said I needed to "exercise more" wow what great advice! I asked her about my concern for taking birth control again. (Can contribute to infertility in Polycystic Ovarian) She informed me "no, you need to take birth control." REALLY? wow again what great advice. I asked about continuing to take metformin (diabetes meds I took to get prego) for diabetes prevention and weight control due to insulin resistance. She said "no, I only gave you that to get pregnant not to lose weight." OHH? I must have forgot. The appt continued this way. It seemed to annoy me. Maybe this is still the hormones coming into line but I left angry. I guess I am going to take the birth control for at least six months so I am out of the "danger zone" for getting pregnant again after a C section. (I have NO intention of trying to get pregnant within the next 15-18 months, I just want to eventually get pregnant again.)
The other subject of the dr appt was Olivia's food intake. Dr said she should be eating between 28-32 oz of formula a day. This was right on track up until last week. She became a vulture! She "roots" and twists and smacks her lips together after two hrs (before it was every 3 1/2hrs). I try to hold her off with a pacifier but it lasts 15 min before she spits it across the room out of anger (Daddy's temper! lol). The dr informed me I should just give her the pacifier. Yesterday I gave in to the eating frenzy and learned that she just wants to chow down in the afternoon and evening. Last night by 8pm she fell asleep and didn't wake up until 3am!!!! When she did wake up she almost ate my arm off while making a bottle. She chowed down 6 oz and back to sleep again for another 5 hrs. I am hoping this is a new trend. I had been fearful she just had her momma's appetite and would eat all day and night double what she should be eating! I am going to experiment for a couple days and see how much she is consuming.
Thanks again for the mom support. Life is improving at the Bezdicek House! Whoa!
OREO Cookie Balls Christmas Tree
6 years ago
3 comments:
So glad to hear that things are starting to settle down and feel more comfortable! Amidst all of the advice that inevitably comes to new moms, I think the most important is to trust yourself and your gut instincts. Olivia is YOUR baby and even if some trial and error must occur, you will figure out what it is that she needs. Just remember to have faith in yourself! You're doing great!
Sounds like some good news. It's always so enjoyable trying to get into sync with all this stuff.
Unless the doc says otherwise and it's not to much food, our doctor always told us to pretty much let him eat when he wanted to. That the baby will know when they're not hungry. Just to be careful and not put a bottle in their mouth to make them shut up. It's pretty much like that now. We try to have him eat foods, but if he doesn't want to eat we don't force him, he'll eat when he's hungry.
Hummm, that is interesting about the Metformin. My Dr. put me right back on it because of having PCOS. He said that it would help keep the cysts down and keep my cycles more regular especially because we wanted to try for #2. BTW....we are scheduled for a Dec. 7th baby!!!! Thankfully it only took 4 months instead of 5 years! I have to have another c-section since Carson was one..they don't do VBAC's here. Anyway, I am sooo glad to hear things are going better :) Enjoy your little bundle of joy!!!
Post a Comment