We just got back from the hospital. Not what we planned to do for the day. Yesterday at work I started having terrible pains in my pelvic area. I didn't know what was causing it but the pain was fairly severe. It lasted for about twenty minutes and then tamed down. It continued through the night and into the morning. I was getting off work in the morning and the pain came back. I talked to the ER doctor before I left and he said I should get checked if I start having bleeding or contractions. I started freaking and left work. I called BJ and he calmed me down and I decided it was okay because I wasn't having either problem. I made a quick stop to Walmart only to have the pain come back and I started to have tightening in my pelvis and pain in my back. It didnt seem to go away. I freaked again and called my mom to ask what contractions felt like. First baby...no idea!!!! After a freaked out mother, I called BJ and we decided to go to the hospital. They did a full spectrum of exams: blood work, pelvic exam, and an ultrasound. Baby was fine on the ultrasound and didn't show any stress. Everything else was negative. They said they could give me some medicine to help relax, but before 20 weeks they wouldn't give me medicine to stop the contractions. The pain had decreased and all the tightening went away. We ended up leaving with a fairly clean bill of health. My OB dr called and spoke to me in the ER and said I was to be on bedrest until my appt with her on Tues when we would re evaluate the situation. I am pretty sure that I pulled a muscle, straining at work. I had a long Saturday that involved moving lots of people. I didn't lift anyone but I think I did some ackward movements that strained my round ligament. The dr also thinks this is the mostly likely reason for it. I don't know what to do about work, there really isn't much I can change about what I do while at work. So after a long day at the hospital I am relieved that it is over. So for the next few days I will be hanging out on the couch. Not exactly what I had in mind but as long as Princess (we decided peanut is for a boy) is okay I can relax for a couple days.
1 comment:
Take care of yourself and put you feet up and relax! Also, I was excited to hear about the "girl" announcment! Hope you next appt. shows you the exact same thing :)
Post a Comment